28 October 2013 category: strategy & business planning
Business management is not easy. There is a never-ending list of things to do when you own or manage a business so it can be difficult to see the wood for the trees when it comes to making your business successful.
In our experience, there are ten things that you can do to ensure that your business is successful.
- You need a vision and strategy – there is a much better chance of getting somewhere if you know where you are going.
- You need a business plan and must take the many small steps to ensure that you reach your destination.
- You must understand your finances, measure everything and budget wisely.
- You must use as many marketing channels as possible.
- You must handle the sales process brilliantly.
- Your organisation structure must be streamlined.
- You must recruit the right people for the right job, make it clear what you want from them and treat them well.
- You must invest in the best technology and tools so that your people can do their job.
- You must use documented systems for quality management, corporate social responsibility, health and safety, energy management etc. so that you can act considerately, efficiently and responsibly.
- You must think positively and keep learning.
Successful organisations constantly focus on their customers, look for ways to improve things and do not look outwards in the hope that the world will change to suit them
If you are interested in change management to make business more successful, get a copy of our free booklet ‘Six Steps to a Better Business’ go to www.stayoutfront.com